Thursday, August 22, 2013

Review of Prophecy's Child by Brenda Dyer


Blurb: His secret will shatter her world.

Katherine Colby’s life splintered ten years ago when her lover suddenly vanished, leaving her with more than a broken heart. But when Kal unexpectedly makes an appearance, her safe, dependable existence is shattered once more. Drawn into Kal’s deadly world of vampires and demons, she must now put aside her hurt and anger and learn to trust him. Can she forgive past deceptions and find the courage to love again? Or will she turn away the one man who owns her heart and soul?

Her secret will change his life.

Powerful, and lethal, Kal is a vampire warrior, sworn to protect humans from demons. Loving Katherine too much to pull her into his dangerous world, Kal deserted her, believing his decision was best for them both. But not even time could assuage his yearning for the woman who has captured his heart. As fate tosses them together once again, Kal must fight to win Katherine’s trust and forgiveness before evil separates them forever. But is he ready to become the man she needs him to be? Or will he lose the one woman he can’t live without?


Review: So I've waited for this book for quite a while. In the first book, Love's Prophecy, we are introduced to Kal who is the fun-loving ladies' man prankster. This second book in the series, shows a deeper side of Kal that I hadn't expected.

Prophecy's Child is an emotional, character-driven read that's a second chance romance. Our hero and heroine have a shot at a happily ever after that neither thought possible.

Now, I'll admit Katherine spent a large portion of the book dealing with her emotions - feelings of distrust, abandonment, rage, and the need to protect her son. There were times I wanted her to give in and trust Kal, but I understood her reasons. He didn't have the best track record in their past, and then he left her alone to deal with all the unexpected, frightening consequences of their time together. Yep, I get her anger for sure. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have let it go. That being said, I'm a meanie, so there you go. But, I suppose time does heal all wounds. Of course, a hot groveling vampire doesn't hurt either.

And groveling he was. I really loved that about Kal. He owned up to his mistakes. While he thought his leaving Katherine was a better choice for her in the long run, he had no problem making amends and showing her that he was the hero she could count on. He wasn't too much of a stiff male that he couldn't open up and truly reveal the depth of his love for her. And it was quite endearing. That bedroom scene with the picture. *Sigh*

Yep, so I'm hooked. Overall, this is a great addition to the series. I can't wait to read the next one.

Available for purchase at: Amazon

Be sure to visit Brenda at: Website
 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to Brenda for her 2nd book in the Prophecy series. Sounds like another winner and I'm very intrigued about their secrets :) My mind is whirling with ideas and I wonder if I'm right....hmmm

    Thanks for sharing your review Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Melissa. I'm very happy you understood Katherine's anger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book just as much as I loved her first! I couldn't put it down (much to my family's dismay). Melissa, you nailed the review perfectly. 5-stars for this review on a 5-star book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, thank you all for stopping by and commenting. Your support means everything to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great review!

    The book is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete