Saturday, August 3, 2013

Guest Post with Delilah Devlin

Today I'm happy to welcome Delilah Devlin to the blog. Take it away, Delilah. :)

Delilah: Thank you so much for having me today! I’ve been doing so many of these blog stops that I should be running out of things to say! But I’m a writer, so of course, I have an endless well to dip into, right? :)

I’ve said it before, I have the best job in the world. As a writer, I set my own schedule, decide what I am going to work on, and sit and dream. I can do it in my jammies, without combing my hair or making up my face, before I go to work. I have a quiet, basement office where no one bothers me, and where I can listen to the quiet while my imagination takes little vacations.

Yes, I give my mind permission to wander. I have the most amazing adventures, the wildest affairs. And because my imagination is a fierce thing, those story adventures I imagine become part of my own memories, things as real as actual happenings. Sounds nuts, right? But don’t you have a favorite book you go to when you want a comfort read, where you feel like you’re the heroine, meeting the hero and falling in love with him? Doesn’t that feel real?

I’m even luckier because  I also wear an editor’s hat. For the books I put together for Cleis Press, I am first a reader. I get to be surprised by the stories I read, I get to fall in love for the first time with the characters, and as I edit, those characters become part of my memories, just like my own stories. I hand-picked every one of the stories inside Smokin’ Hot Firemen because I intend to live with them for a very long time.

Now, maybe that sounds crazy, but pick up a copy of this book. Keep Smokin’ Hot Firemen on your nightstand. Take your time reading the stories, and then go back through the ones you loved the most. I bet you’ll find ones you read again and again and that become part of your memories, too, to be savored from time to time.

I’d love to hear whether books affect you the same way!



Blurb: Four-alarm erotica — stories of sexy hunks who can handle the heat.

They enter fiery structures with selfless courage—the very definition of the word “hero.” Women understand their allure... A soot-covered face, sweat dripping from hard, chiseled muscles, the sharp snap of suspenders — yes, only a fireman can make suspenders sexy!

Delilah Devlin's burning-hot book includes thrilling stories teeming with gorgeous firemen from some of today’s hottest romance writers. In “Saving Charlotte,” Sabrina York’s firefighting Dom rescues a woman tied to a red-hot bed; from Cathryn Fox comes “Temperature Rising” where a fire chief fulfills some very steamy fantasies; Elle James’s “Chasing Fire” sees a daring smoke-jumper parachuting into the hot zone of a forest fire then setting his girlfriend ablaze with erotic heat; and Magic Mike ain’t got nothin’ on Delilah’s own fireman-turned-exotic-dancer-for-a-night “Johnny Blaze.”

With a list of award-winning authors that includes Ily Goyanes, Shoshanna Evers, Adele Dubois, and Rachel Firasek, Delilah delivers tales of these courageous men sliding down their big poles to steal readers’ hearts! Smokin’ Hot Firemen imagines the romantic possibilities of being held against that massively muscled chest by a man whose mission is to protect and serve . . . every need.

Available for purchase at: Amazon

Be sure to visit Delilah atWebsite 
Blog 

8 comments:

  1. Great post Delilah :)

    Thanks to the talent of authors like you, we readers/bloggers get to stay in bed in our PJs too and enjoy a hot read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh! See? I'm not the only one who doesn't like to go to the bother of getting dressed!

      Delete
  2. Fell in love with Delilah years ago and I'm looking forward to this new release, too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a fan of Delilah's from the first time I picked up her books. I just wished I had more time to read. lol

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a fan of Delilah's since I first picked up her books. I just wished I had more time to read. lol

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what an excellent collection. Definitely need to get my hands on this one :)

    ReplyDelete