Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Review of Playing the Part by Robin Covington


Blurb:The harder they play . . . the harder they fall.

After publicly self-destructing over a heartbreak a year ago, bestselling romance writer Piper James is now making nice with her publisher by agreeing to teach Hollywood's favorite action star how to act like he's in love. Only playboy Mick Blackwell has no clue what love looks like.
 
When a seductive heat ignites between Piper and Mick, she jumps at the chance for a bit of fun between the sheets, but with two stipulations: she's kept out of the public eye and things end when she returns to New York. Only Mick keeps changing the rules on her. Tempted by America's favorite bad boy, Piper is wondering how far she's willing to bend...


Review: Now, I'll be completely honest, when I received this one as an ARC from the publisher, I was a bit apprehensive. I'm not really into books about actors in the limelight and the flashing lights of the paparazzi. But, yes, there is a but.. I can admit when I'm wrong. 

This was the first book I've read by this author, and I can assure you it won't be the last. The premise might not have been my most favorite, but the execution and delivery of the story was awesome. The writing was extremely smooth and the characters were likeable. 

Actually, I sort of really dug Mick. I had him pegged to be nothing more than a playboy, but he truly was a leading man with a heart of gold. He had the best intentions and he was entirely up front with Piper from the beginning. Plus, the man doesn't play around in the bedroom. Just saying. 

The attraction and tension was instantaneous between him and Piper from the start, and it was quite enjoyable to read their relationship progress into something so much more than either of them could imagine. 

All in all, I thought it was a well written, fun read with sexy characters who took a gamble on each other, let down their guards a bit, and happened to find love along the way. I loved the author's voice and can't wait to read more from her. 

Available for purchase atAmazon
Kobo 

*ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.* 

5 comments:

  1. Love when a book surprises me like that and I have to kinda eat my words :) It sounds like a fantastic read and Mick a great hero. You definitely have me wanting to pick it up now :)

    Great review Melissa! Glad it ended up working for ya!

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! :) Yep, it seems to happen all the time to me. Of course, that's not a bad thing. I love being surprised.

      Delete
  2. Aww awesome review, Melissa. Now, I really need to get my hands on this one. Have been hearing great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great review!

    I really need to make more time for reading.

    ReplyDelete