Thursday, May 9, 2013

Review of Twisted by Rebecca Zanetti


Blurb: Maggie is a wolf shifter who was captured and experimented on by the Kurjans. Now that a cure has finally been found for shifters (although not for vampire mates or witches), she can concentrate on creating a new life for herself and finally accepting that her memories are gone forever. Most memories, that is. Sometimes in the hazy world between dreams and dawn, she hears a Scottish voice, dark and deep, that sounds suspiciously like wolf-shifter Terrent Vilks. A man she happened to anger by kidnapping a few years back. Hey, it was for a good cause.

Terrent Vilks knows more than he’s let on for the past several years. After digging for answers, he knows exactly why the demons want Maggie dead. And he remembers his past with Maggie…very well. She is finally where he wants her. Now all he has to do is discover what exactly the Kurjans did to her, beat the demons into so much submission they leave her alone, and get her to fall in love with him. Again. Good thing he’s used to wrangling monsters.


Review: This one comes with a preamble - Rebecca Zanetti's heroes are absolutely delicious. 

I actually couldn't wait to read this novella. I was curious to find out just how Maggie, the heroine, and Terrent, the hero, were linked in earlier books. Needless to say, I hopped on this one when I saw it was available. 

In my opinion, Maggie is an awesome heroine, rather uncoordinated, but awesome. Terrent, mmm, Terrent. I love growly, alpha males with a hidden agenda. Though, I loved the vulnerability he exhibited when it comes to Maggie. 

The side story with the pack Terrent lived with was pretty entertaining to read as well. In particular, two wily cheerleaders with ninja reflexes. Actually, that part of the book had me laughing out loud. I truly love Rebecca Zanetti's protective, possessive, alpha males. Plus, I really thought this was a great, short addition to the Dark Protectors Series. I'm glad that Maggie finally found her happily ever after. She deserved it.  

If you haven't read the Dark Protectors Series, I recommend you start with the first in the series, Fated. I've really enjoyed every book I've read in this series and look forward to the next. 

Available for purchase at: Amazon

Be sure to visit Rebecca atWebsite 

***ARC provided by Netgalley***

5 comments:

  1. Great review, Melissa. I just *love* that cover by the way *wipes drool* This sounds like an awesome read. I also love growly, alpha males too. Can this be a stand alone? I haven't read the others except for Fated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Nina! :) Yep, since you've read the first one and sort of know what's going on, I would say yeah, you could read this novella. Obviously more things are explained in the previous books, but I don't think it really would take away from it if you read it out of order.

      Delete
  2. What a great review!

    Gosh, I really need to get my butt in gear and read this series...like now! Hmmm, I think I have one of her books on my tbr pile. I'll have to dig it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Stacey. Yeah, I'm really digging her books a lot lately.

      Delete
  3. Gah! I started the series, last year, I think. It's been a while. I think I stopped after book 2 because I had to wait for the next one, and as you may know, you just get caught up in other books while waiting for the next release. Thanks for bringing this back on my radar :)

    ReplyDelete