Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review of Lover Be Mine by Nicole Jordan



Blurb: As the wickedly seductive Wilde cousins seek true love by taking a page from history’s legendary love stories, Lord Jack Wilde plays a determined Romeo courting an enchanting Juliet.

The last thing Sophie Fortin expects at a masquerade ball is a dazzling kiss from a pirate. Her desire quickly falters when she learns that her masked gentleman is devilishly scandalous Lord Jack, a member of the captivating Wilde clan — and a man she’s forbidden to acknowledge. But when Jack begins a breathtaking seduction, Sophie can barely resist.

Jack never imagined that the daughter of his family’s mortal enemy would awaken such fierce passion within him—until one unforgettable kiss changes his mind forever. Soon, Jack is hell-bent on winning Sophie’s hand, going so far as to abduct her to save her from marrying a rival nobleman. Determined to woo Sophie and her unyielding parents, Jack is faced with the one decision he’d sworn never to make. The secret heir to a prince, Jack has spurned his royal heritage for years . . . but for Sophie he’ll risk all to turn a legacy of heartbreak into love ever after.


Review: I have to admit it's been a while since I've read a Regency lately. I read a few reviews for this book and really liked the sound of it, so I requested it from Netgalley. Ha, still loving those guys. 

Although, it's not exactly new to see classic fairy tales shape a book's premise, the way the author used them in this series was fairly neat to me. I liked how the matchmaking cousin's formulated which fairy tale would find the Wildes' true loves. As for our hero and heroine in Lover Be Mine, they are matched with the fated tale of Romeo and Juliet

It wasn't hard at all for me to fall into this book from the start. I actually thought it was a cute read, and I'm anxious to read more about the Wildes. Jack and Sophie are perfect leading characters. 

Jack's beginning skepticism quickly transformed into determined optimism the more he learned of Sophie and her nature. I loved that he pursued her and refused to take no as an answer. Sophie was a sweetheart, always dutiful and polite, not wishing to disappoint her parents. She definitely deserved her hero. Believe it or not, one character that really grabbed my attention was Sophie's great aunt, Eunice Pennant. The woman was so very awesome in my opinion. She loved her great niece and only wished her happiness. The characters are certainly what made this such a great read for me. I loved the meddlesome Wilde women.

All in all, I thought Lover Be Mine was a delightful read with likeable characters, passionate encounters, and a cute happily ever after. I'll definitely grab more of the Legendary Lovers Series by Nicole Jordan. 

Available for purchase atAmazon

Be sure to visit Nicole at: Website 

***ARC provided by Netgalley.***   

7 comments:

  1. I think I have to start reading these Regencys. You made this one sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, Daryl. I can't wait to read more of the series.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read a regency in ages, but I've purchased a handful in the last few months.

    Some sound so good...like this one!
    Another great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Stacey. Lord, I have so many books on my shelves, but I'm constantly grabbing more. Le sigh. If I just had months to sit and read them all, it would be pretty fabulous.

      Delete
  3. I didn't like the first book in the series but Jack and Sophie sound very interesting. Will add it to my TBR.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Tin. :) I haven't read the first in the series. I grabbed this one from Netgalley because I read a couple good reviews of it and I thought the cover was pretty. Ha, sad, I know. :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice review Melissa! I have this one on my review pile and need to get back to it soon. I love when the hero is the one to do the pursuing. That just always gets me for some reason. And I'm so a fan of those meddlesome families!

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete