Saturday, April 27, 2013

Guest Post wih Daryl Devore


I'm happy to have my good friend, author Daryl Devore, on my blog today. She's celebrating her fourth release, Capri's Fate. A huge congratulations to you, Daryl, and I'm still in love with the cover. :) 

So can you tell us a bit about Capri's Fate in your own words? 

Daryl: Capri's Fate is my fourth book. It's an erotic contemporary fantasy. I've been dabbling in various sub genres of erotic romance and decided to try my hand at a fantasy.

This was an interesting and fun book to write. I had to research private jets and private luxury yachts. I found one private jet that had glass panels in the floor so the passengers can watch the ground underneath them. The most interesting thing I researched had to be Komodo dragons.

I'm a planster. I plot out parts of my book, but the characters tend to going off in their own directions. I broke a writing rule in this book. Blame it on my characters. I tried to correct it, but they were stubborn, so I left it that way.

 
Blurb: Corporate business woman, Capricious Gray, is dragged to a sex toy convention by her best friend. Once a shocking, mysterious disembodied voice helps her with her purchases, it follows her home. Passion ensues, leaving Capri torn between lust for her fantasy lover and the desperate need for reality in her life.

Thall, the seven hundred and sixteenth child of one of the Fates, harbors the irrepressible need to be with the woman he's desired from afar for years. In order to make her his, once and for all, he must help Capri get past her fears, including the fear of what he represents - a fantasy.

Can fantasy become a reality for these two lovers?

Review: I'll start by saying, I'm not the biggest erotic reader, but I had to give this one a try. Call me biased since I had an advanced reading of this one, but I actually really enjoyed it. 

I thought Capri's Fate was an adventurous, light hearted read peppered with dashes of humor and sexy intimate scenes. 

Something I really like about Ms. Devore is her way with changing the mood while I'm reading her books. Not going to lie, when I initially started chapter one, I thought "oh dear, what am I about to read?" Then, of course, as I continued to read, the mood shifted and the romance sprang to life.

I'll also confess I'm not exactly a person that roots for the characters to get down to business, but yeah, I totally did in this book. Poor Capri and Thall, at points, I began to wonder if they might never obtain their "happy" times. 

All in all, I thought this was a quick, light read that had a nice dose of adventure in some exotic locations, some steamy scenes, and a cute happily ever after.

Capri's Fate is available now at: Amazon

Author Bio: Writer of erotic romance Daryl Devore likes to create strong, independent and eye-pleasing characters. She enjoys creating bad-boy men and loves to discover the wonderful stories her characters inspire.

Be sure to visit Daryl atBlog 

21 comments:

  1. Thank you Melissa. It was a fantastic review. And I remember your emails of frustration as I kept the two of them apart. hehhehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes, I'm sure you do remember them. :) Very glad to have you on, Daryl, and I'm also very glad to see this release as well. Wishing you lots of luck with your new book. :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent review. I'm super excited to read this story. I've read and enjoyed other D.Devore novels and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your reviews, Melissa. Daryl's book in now on my TBR list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Melissa reviews too And not just because she gave me a good one. She reviews like a reader- what did she like about the story. Did she love the characters - things like that.

      Delete
    2. And thanks for dropping by, Sheri!

      Delete
  4. Great review, Melissa. I have the same problems with erotica you do. This book is going on my TBR list. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tweeting - I can send you a censored version :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for stopping by and tweeting, Ella. :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome, Daryl. That is great. tweeted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this story! Congratulations, Daryl on another wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this cover and premise. Great, honest review and this sounds like a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and reading it, Toni. :)

      Delete
  8. I love the cover, but I was hooked on the blurb as well. :)

    I put it on my wishlist.

    Wonderful review.

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete