Sunday, March 24, 2013

Review of Milly Taiden's Wynter's Captive

So, you guys can thank MsRomanticReads for this one. She just has a way of reviewing books that makes me go and grab them. Thanks for another great recommendation, Michelle! 


Blurb: Being held captive for winter never felt so good.

Lili is on her way to her cousin’s wedding when she thinks she hit a man in the road. Leaving the safety of her car to check on him turns out the be a big mistake, and pretty soon Lili is being abducted and held against her will by a super-sexy wolf who her body longs to touch. But just because he’s hot doesn’t mean she’s going to remain a captive.

Cade is not just an alpha, he’s a very wealthy man, used to getting what he wants. So when he attempts to abduct his ex-friend’s fiancĂ©, in an attempt to teach him a lesson, he doesn’t expect to wind up with the wrong woman. Just how did he wind up with the maid of honor? And why does the woman melt every inch of him? But when the woman escapes, real danger awaits. And Cade must convince her to see beyond his deception if he wants to keep her alive.


Review: So I grabbed this book based on a review. Of course, after a peak at that cover and reading the blurb, there really wasn't any reason for me not to grab it. 

Bear in mind, I'm not the biggest "erotic" sort of reader. Yeah, I can dig the "fluff and stuff" scenes, but I tend to lean more toward the "prettified" type of romance. But, I'll try anything once, maybe even twice. 

I'm sure I've said before that I love humor in my books. Well, there is no shortage of it in Wynter's Captive. To be honest, I thought the book was pretty flipping hilarious. The heroine thinks the way I might in certain situations. 

Example - "Lili hated the fact she wore a dress with no shorts under it. Heat spread with each rub of her thighs and made it uncomfortable for her to run. Pretty soon they'd be chafing. Dammit! She should've worked out. She should've lost some weight. Fuck it; she should've taken the damn flight Jaylin offered to buy her. If she had, she wouldn't be running in the damn forest, from some kind of werewolves, in an ugly-ass white dress and flip-flops."

Aside from the awesome humor, the story was a quick read that flowed quite nicely for me. Once I finished, I would have loved to have kept on reading more. The hero and heroine complimented each other oh so well, and the intimate scenes were pretty scorching. I mean, really? Who can pass on hot, sexy alpha shifters? Apparently, I can not. 

So while this may have been my first book of Milly Taiden's, it won't be my last. If you're looking for a quick, steamy read with lots of humor and alpha male hotness, grab a copy of Wynter's Captive.

Available for purchase at: Amazon

Be sure to visit Milly atWebsite 
Blog 

7 comments:

  1. LOL! I never thought I'd be able to turn you on to Milly's books, but I'll gladly take the blame for this one. If you thought this shifter story was good, just wait until Apr 1st. I'll be reviewing her latest one and it's just as good, if not better :D Glad you enjoyed this one so much, and I love the sassy humor she brings to all of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't resist a shifter. ;) I'll be awaiting your review of her newest book as well. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love wolf shifters, so cannot wait to dive into this one! In fact, I have it in my kindle right now ;)

    Thanks for the review, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Nina. I really think you are going to enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. Sounds great. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Daryl! :) It was a pretty humorous book.

      Delete
  4. Ohh, another great review. I'll have to stick this one on my wish list. Sigh....that thing is getting so long.

    That must mean it's time to buy some books. Right?

    Lol

    Thanks, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete