Sunday, March 24, 2013

Kristine Cayne's Guns 'N' Tulips - Free on Amazon for a limited time


Blurb: Officer Connor Kavanagh lost everything--his badge, his friends and his fiancée--when he agreed to go undercover with the mob and infiltrate the ruthless Bank Bandits. After months of scheming and strategizing, the day of the big heist--and Conner's chance to get his old life back--finally arrives, but right from the start, Conner's plans fall apart. Even worse, the woman he loves is trapped in the crosshairs of the Bank Bandits' murderous leader, and Connor is her only hope for survival.

Mini Review: This was a quick, short read the author offered for free on Amazon. Since it was so short, I decided to go ahead and try it out. 

While it might be a fast read at 38 pages, it's attention grabbing. The author packed just the right amount of backstory, tension, and character development to make this short read work for me. And there's a cute HEA to boot. 

Now I definitely have to read some full length books by Kristine Cayne. Of course, I've already picked up her Deadly Vices Series. They're just hanging out on my kindle, waiting for me to have more time to read (like usual). 

In my opinion, this is a great chance to get a taste of this author's writing style. Guns 'N' Tulips is free on Amazon for a limited time. Be sure to pick up your copy and try out this author. 


Be sure to visit Kristine at: Website
Blog 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Daryl, it was originally written for an anthology, and we had a word count limit. So I had to keep it short. It was a lot of fun to write, and I believe I got a whole story in there. Sounds like Melissa agrees. :)

      Delete
    2. I know! I thought the same thing, Daryl. Usually short stories aren't for me. You did get the whole story in there. I was quite pleasantly surprised, Kristine.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I don't like anything so short, but I might have to give this one a try.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete