Sunday, February 10, 2013

Review of Wolf with Benefits by Shelly Laurenston


Blurb: Ricky Lee has no plans of getting serious about anyone, but he will protect Toni Jean-Louis Parker. Not just because he’s been hired to do so, but because it’s the right thing to do. And if that means traveling around the country with one complicated She-jackal, dealing with chocolate-eating wild dogs, instigating trouble between his brothers, and having the most amazing sex he’s ever had…well, who said his job didn’t have perks?

Toni doesn’t know how she keeps getting herself into these situations. But even she has to admit there’s something about Ricky Lee Reed that she finds kind of interesting…and downright sexy. Now they just have to survive long enough to figure out if what they have is worth fighting for…


My Review: Come on, you guys know me. I start most things off with a preamble. And thus, my preamble here is - I squealed like a little girl who'd been given a cutesy little pony for her birthday when I received this book as an ARC to read. 

Why, you ask? Because I absolutely love Shelly Laurenston's books.  This is book eight in her Pride Series, and to be honest, while I tend to wane in interest with series that just seem to keep on going. I have yet to tire of this one, nor do I see myself losing interest anytime soon. 

I remembered Ricky Lee Reed from a few of the other books as a minor character that I hadn't really paid much attention. So, I was surprised to read this book and actually love this guy. He's so laid back and casual with that "Southern Charm" of his. It's just what Toni Jean-Louis Parker, the heroine, needs in her uptight, overwhelming life. The two are perfectly matched for each other. And I loved their interactions.  Ricky Lee Reed.. hmm, never thought I'd love a "good ole boy".

Something else that I love about Laurenston's books, she loves to revisit some of her other characters in each new book. This particular one was so very awesome with that aspect. Wolf with Benefits provided a great "catch up" with most of the characters from previous books. Not only did we see many of my favorite characters from the previous Pride books, but she also brought in guest appearances from her Magnus Pack Series.

The author also introduced a couple characters I am anxious to learn more about. Once you read the book, I'm sure you can figure out which ones I mean. One in particular is quite compact-sized and exceptionally mean. I'm curious to see if she will have her own book in the future. If so, I'm definitely wondering if she might be paired off with another new character we met in this book. *Sigh* Now I have to wait.
 
You just can't beat this author's sarcastic humor, flawed heroes, and quirky, fierce heroines. So, with all that said, is it any wonder Ms. Laurenston is an automatic "pre-order" author for me?

In a nutshell, my thoughts about Wolf with Benefits can be summed up in two words - Flipping Sweet!

If you haven't read any of Shelly Laurenston's books before now, you are definitely missing out. I would urge you to check out something by her soon. Or even, check out her Dragon Kin Series written under G.A. Aiken. Basically, just check her out, period. 

Favorite Quote: ' "You put your own brother in a dog kennel," she said.
     "He wouldn't calm down. Kept trying to rip the front door open. Look at this..." He lifted the arm that currently held a can of Coke and showed it to her. "Tried to take my dang arm off at the shoulder. I only got two, Dee-Ann."
     "You're whining about that scratch?"
     "I wouldn't call it whining..." '


You can visit the author at: Website
Brava Authors 

***ARC provided by Netgalley***

3 comments:

  1. Your favorite quote makes me curious...loved your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote! I'm also a huge fan of Shelly Laurenston.

    I don't have this book yet, but I do have a number of her others that I need to finish first.

    Wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete