Monday, February 18, 2013

Cover Reveal for Daryl Devore's new book, Capri's Fate

I am so tickled to be the first person to reveal the new cover of Daryl Devore's new book, Capri's Fate. She's a sweetheart and always has the best covers. In addition, I was fortunate to read the beta of Capri's Fate and loved it. The release date hasn't been scheduled yet, but it'll soon be available. :)

Now with all that said, I feel I must also point out how this cover has changed my life in some jarring way. While I normally deplore marriage and those little children that tend to follow. One peek at this guy on the cover and well, as you might have guessed, I rethought my whole stand on the subject. Just saying, I would totally have that guy's babies. Now, after that creepy declaration, on to the cover! Be sure to wipe the drool from your chin afterward.



Blurb: What's a woman to do when a voice follows her home and makes mad, passionate love to her?

Corporate business woman, Capricious Gray, is dragged to a sex toy convention by her best friend. Once a shocking, mysterious disembodied voice helps her with her purchases, it follows her home. Passion ensues, leaving Capri torn between lust for her fantasy lover and the desperate need for reality in her life.

Thall, son of one of the Fates, harbors the irrepressible need to be with the woman he's desired from afar for years. In order to make her his, once and for all, he must help Capri get past her fears, including the fear of what he represents - a fantasy.

Can fantasy become a reality for these two lovers?


Excerpt: This excerpt begins with Capri flying to a remote island on a private corporate jet with a hot sexy pilot.

"Ms. Gray. We've fifth in line for takeoff. No wandering around the aircraft until we're in flight. Settle back and enjoy the flight."
She returned to reading her ebook. The roar of the engines enticed her to glance out the window. The forward shift of the jet pushed her back. A few moments later, she heard the landing gear retract into the belly of the plane. At last! We're on our way. Hotel bed, look out, I'm coming! She picked up her glass and swallowed the last of her wine.
Having finished the book she was reading, Capri tucked her tablet away and stared at the door blocking her view to the cockpit. She picked up her empty glass, walked to the galley, and filled it, then knocked on the cockpit door. "Anybody in there?"
"No."
She raised her eyebrows and opened the door. "No? No is not the answer the passenger wants to here."
Captain Hall sat facing the window with his fingers interlocked behind his head. He lowered his arms, turned his head and smiled, then pointed to the empty co-pilot's seat.
Capri stepped closer. "Is it okay that I'm in here? You know, FAA rules and all."
"It's fine."
She slipped into the seat and cast her gaze over the numerous dials, switches and display screens. "Oh, wow. Probably should be able to think of something more intelligent but…" She shook her head. "Look at all the electronics."
"Flying 101. This is the throttle." He gripped his hand around it. "Think of it as the gas pedal." He placed his hands on the metal object in front of them. "This is the steering wheel of the plane. And see this." He pointed to a small screen in front of him, blue on the top and brown on the bottom. "When it is level like that, life is good."
Capri waved her hand at the other devices. "What about all these?"
"Haven't the foggiest?"
"Pardon?" She laughed. "You are not instilling confidence in your passenger here."
"Well then, my telling you that I only got to chapter two in Flying for Dummies is probably not a good thing?" His eyes twinkled with delight.
A brilliant flash of light interrupted Capri. "Oh my God, did we just get hit?"
He did a visual scan of the instrument panel. "Don't think so. But no worries. Planes are designed to take lightning strikes."
She swallowed two mouthfuls of her wine. "I didn't think it would be this dangerous up here. Maybe you were right, and we should've waited."
"Well, I tried to tell you that."
"But? You left a but hanging on that sentence."
"You were being a bit of a corporate bitch, and since I like my balls where they are, I figured I'd get you to where you wanted to go."
Capri fingered a switch on the mid console.
"Be careful. You can finger the switches, but if you flick them, you might not get the result you expected."
She glanced sideways at him.
"It's best to handle a plane like a beautiful woman. Twist the knobs gently. Move the switches with a gentle flick and when everything is ready, apply a full power thrust."

Release date TBA
Be sure to visit Daryl Devore for more release information at:

35 comments:

  1. Love the cover! Congrats, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cover, Daryl! Is this Dee's handiwork? Congrats! And Melissa, I totally agree with you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not Dee - never cover artist - Kayden.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is a gorgeous cover, Daryl!!! Stunning! Congrats!! And I love this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Hawt cover, Daryl!! Sounds steamy and intriguing! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover! Story sound SMEXY!!!
    Can't wait.
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cover! And I have to agree the man is drool worthy:) Can't wait for this to release - sounds like a hawt book

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a goof I can be - I've been off promoing this and forgot to drop over and say THANKS!!!!!! to Melissa for having me here today and doing the cover reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daryl, this is one of the best covers I've seen. I LOVE the couple--they are fresh, new faces. And the way he's holding her shouts love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, Daryl Congratulations on the release.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cover! And I loved the way the pilot describes his plane with all it's dials and knobs. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favourite little scenes.

      Delete
  11. Daryl!! I love it!! Woohoo...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover Daryl! Congratulations.

    Nikki Prince

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cover is gorgeous right down to the small details. Love the girls' corset (?). Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The corset plays a big role in the story.

      Delete
  14. Ohh. Love the cover. Congrats.

    Kitty DuCan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cover and the blurb hooked me. Congrats and keep us posted on the release date once you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous cover! I love it! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete