Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review of Mate Claimed by Jennifer Ashley


Blurb: Collared and controlled, Shifters are outcast from humanity, forced to live in Shiftertowns. But waiting within are passions that no Collar can contain…

As a wildcat Shifter and leader of his Shiftertown, Eric Warden knows his own kind. When he sees Iona Duncan, he realizes that although she appears human, she is a half-Shifter wildcat living without a Collar—and that if she doesn't acknowledge her true nature and her mating hunger, it may kill her…

Iona finds the mysterious and powerful Eric alluring, even though she has vowed never to reveal her Shifter side, lest her mother pay the price for hiding her all these years. But her mating hunger is rising, and with Eric so close, she may not be able to resist…and her desire may lead to the very doom they are fighting to deny…


Review: I have to start by saying, I don't think I've ever read a Jennifer Ashley book and have been disappointed with her heroes. To be honest with you, the heroines have never disappointed either. 

She's definitely become of my top authors. In every book I've read, I've fallen in love with her characters. Of course, Mate Claimed was no different. Of course, I could kick myself for waiting so long to read it. Not that I didn't preorder it when it was available, just haven't had the time to read much lately. I'm sure you guys know how that goes. 

At any rate, I really enjoyed this book and reading more about the Las Vegas Shiftertown. She also brought in more characters that I am just dying to read about next, such as Tiger and Graham. 

I love the world she's created in her Shifters Unbound series. The family dynamic is close and they each rely on one another. They definitely embrace each member of their close-knit family with welcome arms. Something I also liked about this book and the previous, Wildcat, they main characters were previously mated and lost their mates. Even though they found new mates, they didn't totally forget about their lost ones, but they didn't live in their pasts, allowing it to create conflict in their new relationships. They accepted the "then" and "now". 

Eric Warden was no different from her other heroes, in that, he kicks ass when he needs to, but he is so loving and possessive of Iona. The sexual tension is fantastic between Eric and Iona. He's not pushy and allows her time to accept their connection. And when she does, I love that she's just as possessive and protective of him. Gotta love a strong heroine paired with a strong, alpha male.

Where, oh where, is my Jennifer Ashley hero. *Le Sigh* So, now I'm just hanging around until Tiger Magic comes out in June. 

I'm just saying, if you haven't read any of the Shifters Unbound series yet, now would be a good time to go ahead and check those out. 

Available for purchase atAmazon

Be sure to visit Jennifer at: Website 
Blog 

7 comments:

  1. Ooo, love the premise that shifters are forced to live in special towns...intriguing! Great review, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! And thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I love the Shifters Unbound series. Sean Morrissey = YUM!

      Delete
  2. I need to review my list and see if I've read any J. Ashley books. Like Karen, the idea that they live in their own towns, like a colony, is very interesting. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a bit different than others I've read. I love her books though. The MacKenzie series is probably one of my top five historical series. Thanks for stopping by, chickie.

      Delete
  3. Great review. I know I haven't read any of J. Ashley's books, but they sound great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy them, Brenda. She has a way with heroes for sure. :) Thanks for dropping in. :D

      Delete
  4. I'm catching up on my emails....

    What a great review! I know I have a few books in this series, but I haven't read any of them yet. Wow, I'll have to pull them out soon!

    ReplyDelete