Friday, December 21, 2012

Spread a little Christmas Cheer Week - Day 8

© Papelita | Stock Free Images

Well, we've made it to the last day of the Spread a little Christmas Cheer Week. Today I'm happy to have Karen Y. Bynum with me to share a Christmas memory. Then, we'll wrap up the week with some goodies. :)


© Karen Y. Bynum

Karen Y. Bynum:

Hi Melissa! Thank you so much for asking me to participate in your Christmas Cheer week.

I love Christmas! It’s such a magical time, especially Christmas Eve. As a child I’d get so excited about Christmas Day that going to sleep the night before was pretty much impossible. I’d lie in bed daydreaming about reindeer clomping on the roof of the house and wondering how Santa would get inside since we didn’t have a chimney. I still get really excited on Christmas Eve. There’s just something about the anticipation of Christmas Day, spending time with those we love and hoping for snow.

One of my fave Christmas memories was the first year my hubby and I moved into our house in Virginia. We picked out a tree together, listened to Christmas music and decorated the tree while our pup, named Rusty, tried to pull all the ornaments down. lol It was fun! We didn’t spend Christmas Day at our house though because we traveled back to North Carolina to see family. This year, however, will be the first Christmas we actually wake up in our own house. We don’t have a tree this year because we traveled a lot this month, but we do have the Christmas cards out, the small LED tree on the mantel and a holiday flavored air freshener making the entire house smell like frosted cranberries. teehee

So I’m totally ready to wake up Christmas Day in my own house, cook a delicious breakfast with the hubby, exchange gifts, go to the movie theatre to see The Hobbit, and then just relax. Oh, and the cooking breakfast part will probably be more like me watching the hubby cook while I drink coffee. *winks*

Merry Christmas, everyone, and have a Happy New Year!!


Blurb: Can you give one guy your heart and another your soul?

The last thing eighteen-year-old Breena Cross needs in her life is more complications. It’s all she can do to balance studying, working, trying to keep her foster-sister safe and drooling over the new guy at work. But things go from complicated to crazy when a fit of rage ignites the dark magic inside her and she finds herself fending off the supernatural underworld.

Myles, Breena’s drool-worthy coworker and vampire convict, is carrying a load of secrets--one of which is that he’s fang-over-lip in love with Breena and in danger of violating the terms of his sentence.

Orin is a soul-hungry assassin sent to kill Breena. However, he takes one look into her eyes and sees his own lost humanity. For once thinking of someone other than himself, he chooses not to end her life, even though it means risking his own.

Despite a convict and an assassin fighting over her, all Breena wants is custody of her sister. But to do this, she will need help from both Myles and Orin. And if Breena doesn’t learn to control the darkness within, she could lose her sister…forever.

Available at: Amazon


© Olgadrozd | Stock Free Images
Right, so all day at work, I thought about what I could offer as an end to the week. I thought about offering a few of my all time favorite books/authors, but then I thought.. meh. In the end, I'm going generic. I'm sure you all might have some books you're after, so what better way to get them than with gift certificates. Hey, can't go wrong there, right? So I have a $10.00 Gift Certificate to Evernight Publishing, $10.00 Amazon Gift Card, and (2) $5.00 Amazon Gift Cards. And that's it for me folks!

I hope you've enjoyed reading everyone's Christmas memories as much as I have. Thanks for all of your comments and follows. We all appreciate it so very much. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year ahead.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Melissa! This was such a great idea. I've enjoyed everyone's posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing your memory, Karen! :D

      Delete
  2. Love your Christmas memory, Karen. And your Christmas plans sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! I'm looking forward to Christmas Day. Appreciate you stopping by. :D

      Delete
  3. Witch Way to Turn sounds so good. I am going to add it to my wish list/TBR list right now. I tried to comment on your blog however it would not let me :( I did vote for it in the competition. Good luck!

    Happy Holidays,
    Marlena
    charmmedpoms(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that, Marlena. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! :D

      Delete
  4. Great post. I love the cover. The story sounds great, too. I'm going to have to add it to my wish list as well. :)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey! I love the cover too! Thanks so much! :D

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed the post, and wow, love the sound of the book, from the title to the cover to the description. Will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate that, Norah! Thank you!! :D

      Delete