Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review of Up in Flames by Rosanna Leo

Blurb: Juliet Baker is not looking forward to coming home after six months. Yes, the fiery brunette wants to make a go of turning her parents' farmhouse into a B&B. She’s just not looking forward to seeing the place where they died. To make things worse, she knows she'll finally have to face her cheating, firefighter ex-boyfriend.

Luckily, her sister has found Jules a boarder. Easy money, right? Not when she realizes the boarder is Captain Shane Gaskill. Not only is Shane a firefighter, he’s the town's hot new fire captain.

Jules is determined to hate all firefighters. After all, the men of that precious brotherhood protected her cheating ex. Shane, however, proves he’s different from the start. He's protective and kind, and she can't stop looking at his smoking, Viking-hot body. She learns, though, that Shane isn't so willing to love again either. He's been hurt, too. They both fight the sexual chemistry, and resulting tenderness, between them. But when a stalker begins to target Jules, they realize they can't fight their desire forever.

As the threats escalate, Shane and Jules are thrown together. The resulting passion overwhelms them. But are they willing to trust each other and surrender to the flames of love?


Review: This happened to be the first book that I've read of Ms. Leo's, though I can honestly say it will not be my last. This was a sweet, lighthearted romance that grabbed my attention with the very first line. I know lots of people probably comment on those first lines. Even though I try to stray from the typical, I have to add a small excerpt of it. 

“Good Lord, give me strength. Please keep the local firefighters away from me. Keep me out of the path of hardened abs and tall men in uniform, for they are bastards, one and all. Amen.” 

Ha, if that doesn't grab your attention, then I really don't know what will. 

So there I was, sucked in with those first few sentences of Up in Flames. And thankfully, I wasn't let down after that. The author created a pleasant, sexy read with two extremely likeable characters that you will root for from the start. They each have their own emotional baggage to overcome in the beginning, but it was enjoyable to read their love unfold throughout the story despite their hangups. Jules and Shane were a perfect pair for each other, and I was thoroughly satisfied when this couple found their happily ever after together. Not to mention, the intimate scenes in the book were pretty hot. :)

I'll be sure to check out more from Ms. Leo, and would recommend you check this author out.

Available for purchase at: Amazon

Please be sure to visit the author atWebsite 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Melissa! You just made me smile so widely! So glad you enjoyed Jules and Shane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review. Congratulations!
    I have this book on my Kindle, but I'm reading Sweet Hell first, lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting here Brenda, and showing your lurve! Hope you enjoy Dionysus...and Shane!

      Delete
  3. That WAS a really great first line! Congratulations Rosanna, and good job Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri! I wanted the reader to know right away that Jules is NOT going to be swept away by those darn firemen!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, ladies! You know I always appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete