Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review of Remedy Maker by Sheri Fredricks

Blurb: Man by day, Centaur by night, Rhycious is a remedy maker who needs his own healing.
He's the royal physician, famous for his cures. War and posttraumatic stress disorder has broken his spirit, preventing him from finding true happiness. Then a direct order from the queen to investigate an uprising forces him out of his secluded cabin at the edge of the forest.

Patience is an optimistic, good-natured Wood Nymph who works as a mediator to ensure harmony within the Nymph sector.
Environmental pollution in the aquifer stream that feeds the taproot tree of her heart is slowly killing her. Resigned to the fact she will not live long, she sets out to discover the mysterious disappearance of her sister. Experience has taught her to deny herself the love of a male, but the gruff Centaur is different. He doesn't push his expectations on her, only his healing nature.
When Rhycious loses his grip on reality, he believes his inability to control his disorder will drive Patience away. Nevertheless, desire flares, and Patience draws him close. Kidnapping and betrayal turn their mythic joint venture into a deadly bout.

Will their love endure when survival hinges on trusting each other?


Review: I have to admit I'm not the biggest lover of mythological creatures with my romance. But, I'll give everything a try at least once. After reading the book, I'm just saying.. where the crap is my centaur? 

I awaited this book's release for a while so I was glad when I finally had the chance to sit down and read it. I've got to give credit where credit is due. Ms. Fredricks excelled at world building when she created the mythological Boronda Forest full of assorted creatures of myth and fantasy. 

Rhy is one of those tortured, loyal heroes who has a duty to carry out, but he also has his heart in the right place. Patience was a entertaining heroine, in my opinion. Her quirky vocabulary tickled me since I have issues with inventing my own words as well. There was no shortage of witty dialogue and great sexual tension when this pair were together, trying to sort out the problems in the forest and political alliances among the mythological factions. 

It was a pleasure to read how Patience's unbiased, understanding nature helped Rhy through his PSTD and his own past prejudices. Their blossoming love was sweet to read, and Rhy is a hero you'll fall in love with. He's protective of his little wood nymph, and I absolutely loved that. There is no shortage of "sexiness" to the book as well. 

This was quite a read that I enjoyed very much. I liked the emotional depth added to many of the characters and the awesome fantasy world in which they co-existed. You should definitely give Remedy Maker a try if you haven't already.


All in all, I thought it was great book. And I'll just say.. so when's the next in the series, eh? I've gotta know who will tame Aleksander.

Available for purchase at: Amazon

Please be sure to visit the author atWebsite  

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to review my book. I appreciate it very much! You'll be happy to know that I'm hard at it, writing Aleksander's story right now.

    Thank you, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice review, Ladies!

    I'll have to check the story out. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the review. Congrats to Sheri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed your reviews while you were away, Melissa.

    And awesome review of Sheri's book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Daryl! And I love this book! If you don't have a copy, get one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Sheri. Nice to see you found a new genre to enjoy, Melissa! This is such good news. I own Sheri's book and can't wait to crack that e-spine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY, Sheri! Another awesome review. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an AWESOME review---awesome review for an awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kind of like you Melissa. This book is now going on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, thanks for stopping by and checking out the review, ladies! I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great review, Melissa. And congrats on another awesome one, Sheri!

    ReplyDelete