Monday, July 23, 2012

Review of Only Scandal Will Do by Jenna Jaxon

A Lyrical Press Historical Romance
Blurb: He has the woman of his dreams, but what price will he have to pay to win her heart?

Kidnapped and sold at auction in a London brothel, Lady Katarina Fitzwilliam squelches an undeniable attraction to the masked stranger who purchased her, pits her wits against him, and escapes him and the scandal that would ruin her life.

Unable to resist temptation in a London brothel, Duncan Ferrers, Marquess of Dalbury, purchases a fiery beauty. She claims she's a lady, but how can she be?

No lady of his acquaintance in polite society is anything like her. Then he discovers she is who she says, and that this latest romp has compromised her reputation. He knows how that is. One more scandal and he'll be cast out of London society, but he needs a wife who'll provide an heir to carry on his illustrious family's name. He seeks out Katarina, intending only to scotch the scandal, but instead finds his heart ensnared. He's betting their future he'll capture her heart, but does he have what it
takes to win the wager?

WARNING: A blade-wielding heroine who crosses swords with a master of sensuality.


My Review: I have to start by saying, I anticipated this book's release for a quite a while. While I love mostly all genres of romance, historical romance just happens to be my favorite. Ms. Jaxon would often share excerpts on her website. Apparently, those little snippets did their job and reeled me in. And my anticipation was not in vain. Only Scandal Will Do was an enchanting, sensual read that engaged me from page one.  

The main characters, Duncan and Katarina, are absolutely fabulous. It was charming to read how Duncan set out to win Katarina's heart. At different times during the story, I had no idea how Duncan might pull of the task of redeeming himself in her eyes, but he managed it alright, and with great aplomb.   

Honestly, there wasn't an element to this story that I did not enjoy. The historical details are lovely. The characters' dialogue is clever and animated. Not to mention, the characters themselves are well developed, in my opinion. Each time Duncan and Katarina interacted, the tension between them was downright sizzling at times. You can't help but root for these two characters to fall head of heals for each other.  

All in all, Only Scandal Will Do was a pleasure to read. I have no doubt it will join the ranks of books that I reread over and over. On a bright note, I've also learned this is book one of a series. If you are looking for a beautifully written, fully engaging historical romance, then look no further. Cheers to you, Ms. Jaxon, for a very awesome read. 


Available for purchase at: Amazon 

Please be sure to visit the author atWebsite 

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you Melissa...loved all the teasers Jenna has shared and although I'm new to historical books, this one sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! This is not my favorite genre, but I do enjoy it at times. This sounds like one to put on the list. Thank you for the recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading the snippets Jenna has teased us with makes her book a must read for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by and checking out the review, ladies. :) Even if you're not too big in to historical romance, this one is definitely worth checking out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review and couldn't agree with you more!
    Her snippets and teasers were spot on and did their job perfectly.

    A must read for all romance lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review for a great book!! A must read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this book.

    Great review! Again. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete