Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review of Electric Storm by Stacey Brutger

Electric Storm (Raven Investigations, #1)
Raven Investigations Book 1

Blurb: Everything changed when Raven, a natural born conduit, accidentally walks in on a slave auction. She only wants a night out with her friends before her next case as a paranormal liaison with the police. Instead, she ends up in possession of a shifter and his guardian. When your touch can kill, living with two touchy-feely shifters is a disaster waiting to happen.

To make matters worse, a vicious killer is on the loose. As mutilated bodies turn up, she can't help fear that her new acquisitions are keeping secrets from her. The strain of keeping everyone alive, not to mention catching the killer, pushes her tenuous control of her gift and her emotions to their limits. If they hope to survive, they must work together as a pack or risk becoming hunted themselves.


My Review: The author happens to belong to my super kicking-ass critique group. So, of course, when the book released in April, I added it to my TBR list (that ever-growing tome). You should all know I am far too curious, or nosy, if you wanted to be mean.

So, finally after two months, I finally was able to find time to read the story. The primary word that springs to mind immediately is "Electric".

I thought this book was very well written and full of sizzling, detailed description. It drew me in from the start and I refused to put it down even when I needed to get to bed. The author crafted a detailed fictional world full of interesting, diverse characters.

The heroine, Raven, is a natural born protector and leader. It's rare to find such a strong, engaging alpha female. Also, the heroes, and I do mean hero in the plural form, are all very swoon-worthy and protective of Raven. It was intriguing to read how their motley pack formed and continued to grow throughout the book.

The author did a fantastic job setting the basis for a series and even managed to sneak in a cliffhanger at the end. Of course, I'll have to pick up her next book so I can finally find out what happens! Jeez. I'll be waiting for that one, Ms. Brutger!

All in all, Electric Storm is a book you do not want to miss. If you are looking for a captivating read that will reel you in from page one, go ahead and pick it up! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.    

Please visit the author at: Website

Available for purchase at: Amazon
 

8 comments:

  1. Way to go Stacey!! Sizzling, detailed description - gotta love that. Melissa - Great way to present your review. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! Thanks for popping by, Sheri! I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. I have this book and I'm DYING to read it!!!
    And now with this great review, E.S has moved up on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Yes, I felt glued to the book when I read it. :) I think you will like it, Brenda. Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful review Melissa! You have a great talent for writing them.

    Thanks for stopping by Sheri and Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey. I appreciate it. And I enjoyed the book so no hardship for a review. :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful review! Sounds like a fast paced read..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete