Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Review of Brenda Dyer's Love's Prophecy

Book 1 in The Prophecy Series





Blurb:
Dark warriors of might...
Mel is a vampire warrior sworn to hunt and kill demons in the dark streets of Vancouver. But he's burdened with a new assignment: find the meaning behind the Vampire Prophecy. Having no faith in the gods and their empty words, he believes there's no truth to the ancient legend until he meets Breeana, a human woman who bears the mark of the prophecy and resembles the mysterious woman haunting his dreams. When a vengeful demon spies Breeana in his arms, she is marked for death. He must take her from the world she knows until he can eliminate the threat. But the real danger is the role Breeana must play in fulfilling the prophecy and the intense feelings she brings out in him. Mel is forced to choose between his obligations to his kind, the world, and the woman he loves. Can he turn his back on love to let her go, or will he risk her life and bind her to him for all eternity?

Small warriors of light...
Veterinarian, Dr. Breeana Spencer yearns for love and companionship, but the disappointment of failed relationships have taken their toll. She now finds solace in romance novels. But when she meets a mysterious stranger, she's drawn to him by a connection so forceful it shatters all reason, leaving her incapable of resisting him. Yet there's more to him than smoldering good looks and a rock-hard body. As she's drawn deeper into his danger-filled world, she learns she's part of an ancient vampire legend. Breeana fears her future is no longer hers and will not include Mel. As their enemies close in, desperate to destroy them both, she must fight to convince Mel her place is at his side. A  life-altering choice is before her—one that will take all her courage and love to make. 


My OpinionPlease take note I was feeling spry today so I covered two (stick up two fingers, just like you did in kindergarten) reviews.

As I gain more exposure to many of the authors’ works in my critique group, I've began to realize just how fortunate I am to be surrounded by an array of talented individuals. Brenda Dyer just happens to be one of those individuals. She is a fun-loving, sweetheart with an infectious, bubbly personality. Even if she is Canadian (Ha, just kidding). She recently released her first book of a paranormal romance series. Being a lover of paranormal romance, I thought I would give it a shot. 

To be completely honest, I didn’t set my expectations too high because the genre seems a bit repetitive and lackluster lately. Of course, that is strictly my own opinion. Nonetheless, I bought the book anyway and read it once I came back from a long weekend away in Savannah with family (long story, different blog).

Can I just say, “Dynamic”? 

Love’s Prophecy was a breath of fresh air. I can’t stress how pleasant it was to read a completely new take on vampires that stepped outside of the norm. The writing was witty and crisp, the storyline well developed, and the characters were full of depth and emotion. The author created a sexy, action-packed world full of seriously hot alpha vampire warriors and psychotic demons that will keep you reading till you reach the end and wish you had more pages to turn.

The hero, Mel, is a piece of prime male hotness with such a tortured soul that it practically begs for redemption. Lo and behold, we have a kind-hearted, sassy heroine, Breeana, who is more than willing to stand by her vamp and offer him the peaceful, loving refuge he ultimately deserves. How can you not like a woman who will stand by her man through the thick and thin of it all?

In addition, there are some truly sigh-worthy moments in the book that brought a smile to my face. While Mel may be an alpha vampire warrior, he's not scared to show his tender, romantic side to his love.  I absolutely treasure a novel that has its share of  “aww” moments. I mean, isn't that one reason we are reading romance after all?  

Plus, can you say, “series“? Oh yeah, you better believe I’m anticipating a novel for roommate and fellow warrior, Kal.
The foundation has been laid, my dears.

With all that being said, Hurray to you, Brenda Dyer. I look forward to reading much more by you in the future!  

If you haven't already, definitely check out the book very soon. You’ll be more than satisfied you did. 

Please check out the author atWebsite
Blog 

Available for purchase at: Amazon 
 



10 comments:

  1. Great review Melissa! :)

    Brenda and the rest of the group are wonderful.

    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, who's a Canadian, eh??? LOL, oh right. I am, eh.
    Melissa, wow, I love your review. And Kal's story is definitely next. I'm writing his story as I type--well, not at the same time, but you get what I'm saying.

    This review rocks. And to celebrate this awesome review, I'm going to have a Reese Peanut Buttercup before dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh! There's two Canadians here.

    Great post. I read and review Brenda's book and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in as a Brenda Dyer fan! Loved the world she created in Love's Prophecy and I CAN'T WAIT for the next book in her series.

    Great review, Melissa! Beautiful website, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent review for an excellent author!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your review and loved Brenda's book! She does paranormal right! While there was no lack of passion or adventure to her tale, the most important thing to me was the heart-felt characters. For example: even though the hero was an alpha, he didn't get lost in his 'alpha-ness' like so many heroes do.

    Too many authors in the paranormal genre overlook the true heart of their characters and focus almost solely on lust and action instead. Brenda has a great mix of all these facets.

    Can't wait for Kal's book, Ms. Dyer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not generally a fan of vamp books. BUT this one is one I'd not only read, but will re-read. Wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! Brenda is extremely talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic interview!! Brenda's books are awesome!

    ReplyDelete