Sunday, May 6, 2012

Review of Relieving Zoe's Virtue by Eve Edwards

http://eveedwards01.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/rzv-final3.jpg
Relieving Zoe's Virtue - Decadent Publishing

Blurb: After Zoe Cohen catches her boyfriend with another woman, she decides losing her virginity is just the solution to shake up her straight-laced life as librarian. Tired of waiting for Mr. Right, she’ll settle for Mr. Do Me Right Now.

To achieve this end, she uses the exclusive dating service, 1NightStand, to set up a rendezvous, but never expects her destination to take her to the fey Otherworld. Once she meets her match, Sinnon, a wickedly seductive Leanan Sidhe, she knows she’s in for an explosive experience. With a name and body for sin, he tempts her like no other. His touch commands her total surrender. But this night is on her terms, and the happy ending he desires may come at too high a price.

Zoe may lose her virginity, but will she forfeit her heart to Sinnon in the process?

My Opinion: I'm not usually a lover of short stories, but I'll give anything a try once.   

This just happened to be my first 1NS story.  And I can say with surety, it will not be last.  While it was short, I really enjoyed the depth of the characters, storyline, and the world the author created.  Zoe and Sinnon are explosive together.  Definitely a very sensual, emotional pair.   I would have loved for the story to be longer only because I enjoyed what I read so much.  Alas, it is what it is.  I knew it was meant to be a short story before going in.  So that didn't bother me in the slightest.

The story was well written and extremely humorous in some places.  Some of the heroine's thoughts actually cracked me up.  The author crafted an amazing adventure for Zoe in a such a short span of time.  I was thoroughly impressed with the amount of detail and emotion Ms. Edwards managed to relay in a limited amount of pages.

I'm all about some outstanding Fae hotness now.  If only I could get one to whisk me away for some hot and heavy.

By the way, I just have to say that guy on the cover makes me want to reach out and touch someone.


All in all, Relieving Zoe's Virtue is a short sensual, delightful read you should absolutely check out.

Please visit the author at: Website

Available for purchase at: Amazon

7 comments:

  1. Great review, Melissa! 1NS stories are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you have read a 1NS, you will never go back! Great review Melissa.

    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting into the 1NS stories! They rock! Definitely reading this one too! Thanks, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 1NS's. I have this story on my Kindle. I'm excited to read it.
    Thank you for another great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks for stopping by guys! :) Yeah, I think I really like the 1NS stories now. I'll be trying out that new one by Lia Davis soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear you all enjoy our 1Night Stand series. Truly your words mean a lot to us.

    Melissa, thank you for such a lovely review of ZOE. I'm really excited to see more of your thoughts on other 1NS books. We've started a Decadent Publishing Book Club on Facebook and we'll be reading 2 1NS stories per month. Pop in if you like! We'd be happy to hear from you all.

    Heather Bennett
    Co-owner
    Decadent Publishing/Bono Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, Heather! I appreciate it very much. I definitely will check out the book club. I have a few more 1NS lined up to read already. :)

    ReplyDelete