Sunday, May 6, 2012

Review of Dangerous Passion by Lisa Marie Rice

Dangerous Passion
Book 3 in the Dangerous Series


Blurb: Feelings kill faster than bullets.
That is Drake’s creed. A legend, a renegade, a ruthless, powerful enigma understood by no one and feared by all, Viktor “Drake” Drakovich heads up a billion-dollar empire—and shows no mercy to the many enemies who would stop at nothing to destroy him. He is a man with no love and no weakness, until…

Grace Larsen takes Drake’s breath away the first time he sees her—and quickly becomes his obsession. Never before has he burned for someone the way he desires this hauntingly beautiful artist who is plagued by troubling dreams. He aches to possess her, to protect her, to carry her to new heights of sensuous arousal and rapturous release.

But entering Drake’s world means becoming a target—for relentless, bloodthirsty foes have been eagerly waiting for him to expose his weak spot. And the price of their passion may be their lives.

My Opinion: So, here is yet another recommendation from Amazon.  If they didn't suggest such winners, I might actually get a bit irritated and paranoid with the site playing "Reading God" to my To Be Read list.  Nonetheless, I managed to pick up the paperback of this book since it happened to be on sale at the time.  Now who doesn't like a sale?  I mean, come on. 

After receiving and reading the book, I'll just say, "Where the crap is my badass hero?"  'Cause I definitely felt like I needed one after giving this book a read.

The hero is definitely what makes this book for me.  I'm sure we are all familiar with a hero running away from a heroine for the half of a book before he admits his undying love to himself and her.  Not the case with Ms. Rice's novels.  Her heroes know what they want immediately and go after it.

I'm fairly certain I can congratulate Ms. Rice for kicking off my interest in more "contemporary/action-based" reads.  While the love may be pretty TSTL in most of of her books, it didn't deter my interest from the story one iota.  Her heroes are super alphas that may not be the prettiest on the eyes, but they are every bit prime, sexed-up, protective male.  I love a man that will go to any length to see his love protected and well, even going so far as to put her life above his own.  *Le Sigh*

Oh yeah, and did I mention the intimate scenes are hot.  Just saying, after the window scene, I felt like I needed a hosing down.  Perhaps a bit more information than you really needed to know but hey, it is what it is. 

All in all, after giving this book a few thorough reads, I've quickly made it my business to read everything this author has written and not been disappointed.  But, this will always be one of my favorites.  I'll even go so far to say I think I might have a crush on the hero, Drake.  If you are looking for a fast-paced, sexy read, definitely give it a try.

Please visit the author at: Website

Available for purchase at: Amazon

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Your reviews are awesome. And I HAVE to read this book now because I want to read the window scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to read every book you review! You're bad on my bank account, lol. Great review. The hero sounds to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to read this one, have read a few of hers and they are always intense. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intense is definitely the word. I really like her heroes though. I think this particular one just happens to be my favorite though.

      Delete